The main aim of this block is to provide insights on how and why floods occur. The characteristics of floods and and some mechanisms behind them are described. This theme can be used on its own, but is also well suited as background material for the Flood Risk Mangement theme.
These lessons consist of the folowing:
- Virtual tour: The virtual tour gives a fine introduction to the topic
- Self study: Self study material, under the heading flood types, explains the various types of floods and some mechanisms behind them
- The quizzes flood types and hydrology test the basic knowlegde of these subjects
- Hydrology: The hydrology assignment helps to delve a little deaper into the material
- Make your own tour: This theme can be concluded with having your students make their own virtual tour.